Some details about the Walk:
- The pace is moderate, and the time length is approximately one hour.
- For the safety of all, bicycles, rollerblades and other shoes equipped with wheels, skateboards and scooters are prohibited.
- The walk will take place regardless of the weather.
- Dogs are welcome!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a registration fee for this event?
- If I do not want to register and fundraise online, how do I do to register?
- Can I register for the Walk for ALS on the day of the event?
- Where can I find a registration form?
- Will I receive a free t-shirt when I register for the Walk?
- Is there a minimum amount to collect in order to participate?
- To whom should we address the cheques?
- What do I do with cash and cheques donations?
- Am I entitled to a tax receipt if I donate to my own campaign?
- Where do donations go?
- When will my donors receive their tax receipt?
- Where can I find a donation form?
Day of the event
- What do I need to bring with me?
- If I entered all of my donations online, do I still need to register?
- What happens if it rains?
- Will there be snacks and water?
- Can I bring my dog?
- Can I run?
- Will I get a free t-shirt if I register at the Walk for ALS?
- When do you start recruiting?
- Can I walk even if I volunteer?
- What is the minimal age to volunteer at the Walk?
- Can students earn volunteer hours at the Walk?
- What volunteer positions are available?
Is there a registration fee for this event?
No. However, because this type of event involves costs, we encourage you to raise as much donations as you can. Every donation counts. If you raise $25 or more, you will receive an official T-Shirt and will be entered to win prizes.
If I do not want to register and fundraise online, how do I do to register?
Click here to download and print the Registration and Donation Form. You can also collect cash and cheques donations and register the day of the event.
Can I register for the Walk for ALS on the day of the event?
Yes, you can register to the Walk the day of the event. Upon your arrival, go to the registration booth and one of our volunteers will help you out.
Where can I find a registration form?
Click here to download and print a Donation Form. Or you can also click here to register online and collect funds using our secure fundraising portal.
Is there a minimum amount to collect in order to participate?
No, there is no minimum amount to collect in order to participate. However, keep in mind that it is a fundraising event and that our goal is to raise as much funds as we can and help finance cutting-edge research as well as support programs which improve the quality of life of people living with ALS. We encourage you to reach for at least $100 in donations. The more money you collect, the more you help the ALS Society fund research and offer services to people and families touched by the disease.
Use your Personal page to manage you cash and cheques donations. Remember to print your summary and bring it with you the day of the Walk.
- Cash or cheque made to your name: Use your credit card to make an online donation equal to the donation you received. The donor will receive a tax receipt according the information filled out.
- Cheque made to the name of the ALS Society of Quebec: Save your donation on your personal page and bring it with you the day of the Walk. The donor will receive an electronic tax receipt according the information filled out (complete address and email must be saved).
At the Walk
You can also bring your donations with you the day of the event. Download, print and fill out the Donation Form manually by writing all the donations you received. Remember to write clearly your donors’ informations so that we can send them their tax receipt. Bring the form and the donations with you the day of the event.
- Cutting-edge researchto improve quality of life of people living with ALS and to find a treatment or a cure;
- Support and servicesoffered for free to our members and their family;
- Regional programsto help people with ALS deal with the disease and live a better life.
When will my donors receive their tax receipt?
If your donors made their donations online using our secure portal, they will receive their tax receipt automatically if they have given a valid email address.
If your donors made cash or cheques donations, we will post receipts before the end of the month when the Walk was held.
Where can I find a Donation Form?
What do I need to bring with me?
If you have cash and cheques donations, bring your Donation Form along with you cash and cheques donations. If you received all your donations through our secure online donation portal, bring your campaign summary. Click here for all the details!
If I entered all of my donations online, do I still need to register?
No, but you must bring with you a proof of registration such as your confirmation email. Your campaign summary can also serve as a proof because you have signed the release form when you registered.
Volunteers can indicate their interest anytime. Click here and fill out the online form indicating your interest in the Walks for ALS.
Can I participate in the walk if I am also a volunteer?
Absolutely! When you receive your volunteer confirmation, simply mention it to the volunteer coordinator. We will then assign you to a position that will allow you to participate in the Walk.
How old do you have to be to volunteer the day at the Walk?
You must be at least 12 years old to volunteer for the Walk (a form of parental consent is required for people under 18 years). Volunteers for registration must be at least 18 years.
What volunteer positions are available?
Various tasks must be performed by volunteers for the Walk for ALS to be successful. Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities and to view a list of positions.