Some details about the Walk:
- The pace is moderate, and the time length is approximately one hour.
- For the safety of all, bicycles, rollerblades and other shoes equipped with wheels, skateboards and scooters are prohibited.
- The walk will take place regardless of the weather.
- Dogs are welcome!
Frequently Asked Questions
No. However, because this type of event involves costs, we encourage you to raise as much donations as you can. Every donation counts. If you raise $25 or more, you will receive an official T-Shirt and will be entered to win prizes.
Yes, you can register to the Walk the day of the event. Upon your arrival, go to the registration booth and one of our volunteers will help you out.
Everyone who donates $25 or more will receive a free Walk for ALS T-shirt the day of the Walk.
No, there is no minimum amount to collect in order to participate. However, keep in mind that it is a fundraising event and that our goal is to raise as much funds as we can and help finance cutting-edge research as well as support programs which improve the quality of life of people living with ALS. We encourage you to reach for at least $100 in donations. The more money you collect, the more you help the ALS Society fund research and offer services to people and families touched by the disease.
All cheques should be made payable to the ALS Society of Quebec.
You have many options:
Use your Personal page to manage you cash and cheques donations. Remember to print your summary and bring it with you the day of the Walk.
- Cash or cheque made to your name: Use your credit card to make an online donation equal to the donation you received. The donor will receive a tax receipt according the information filled out.
- Cheque made to the name of the ALS Society of Quebec: Save your donation on your personal page and bring it with you the day of the Walk. The donor will receive an electronic tax receipt according the information filled out (complete address and email must be saved).
At the Walk
You can also bring your donations with you the day of the event. Download, print and fill out the Donation Form manually by writing all the donations you received. Remember to write clearly your donors’ informations so that we can send them their tax receipt. Bring the form and the donations with you the day of the event.
Absolutely! Every personal donation of $20 or more is eligible for a tax receipt.
Funds raised at the Walk for ALS go towards:
If your donors made their donations online using our secure portal, they will receive their tax receipt automatically if they have given a valid email address.
If your donors made cash or cheques donations, we will post receipts before the end of the month when the Walk was held.