FOR YOU AND WITH YOU
At the ALS Society of Quebec, we believe in the importance of providing an interdisciplinary approach in the care of people with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). We appreciate the continued care and support that you offer to families affected by this disease. In this section, you will find a variety of services, assistance programs and resources to guide you through the provision of care to your ALS patient.
The About ALS section contains basic information about ALS, as well as information on the following subjects:
- About ALS
- Various Forms of ALS
- How ALS is Diagnosed
- Facts about ALS
- Legal and Financial Information
- Specialized ALS Clinics
- Other ALS Resources
Make a request
The request must be completed by a health professional from either the CLSC or other health establishment. The request must include two estimates for the cost of renting or purchasing the required equipment.
Technical Aid and Financial Assistance form
Please note that the person must be registered with the ALS Society of Quebec in order to be eligible to the program: download the PDF form or register online.
In case of urgent need, our program allows members of ALS Quebec to receive the equipment they need immediately. We are the payer of last resort.
All requests must first be approved by the appropriate funding government agency or organization, such as:
- Assistive Devices for Daily Living (AVD/AVQ)
- Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)
- Scooter and wheelchair programs from the government of Quebec
- Communication device programs
- Income maintenance plan or private insurance, as the case may be
The Manual for People Living With ALS is a useful reference tool filled with practical advice and tips. It also contains a general description of ALS, the signs and symptoms, and the latest developments in research.
- Checklist for ALS patients
- ALS Overview
- Presentation: Nutrition and Dysphagia [French only]
- Presentation: Ventilatory Assistance [French only]
- Presentation: Clinical Trials
- Presentation: Interdisciplinary Approach of CLSC (part 1) [French only]
- Presentation: Interdisciplinary Approach of CLSC (part 2) [English]
- Presentation: Centre de réadaptation Lucie-Bruneau [French only]
- Presentation: Nutrition and ALS
- Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital Team
- NOVA West Island
The Resources section contains publications, reference material and links to useful websites that can assist people with ALS, their families and their caregivers. Each service is personalized to suit individual needs.
Information day November 14, 2014
Documents are available original language only.
- Current Clinical Trials in ALS
- L’apport de l’éthique au raisonnement clinique
- Témoignage de Diane Tkalec
- Aborder la sexualité
ALS Education Day
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis program at the MUHC [French only]
- Comprendre les difficultés respiratoires dans la Sclérose Latérale [French only]
- La Sclérose latérale amyotrophique avec Geneviève Matte [French only]
- Overview of ALS Genetics with Patrick Dion
- Programmes et services SLA Québec
- Psycosocial considerations when offering genetic testing in the ALS population
- Soins à domicile et la SLA
- Symptomatic Management in ALS [French only]
- The ALS steering wheel