Culinary Care in ALS – A Nutritional Toolkit
The ALS Society of Quebec has been hard at work updating a Nutritional Toolkit called “Culinary Care in ALS” and is excited to make it available to the ALS Community during Nutrition Month 2021. It includes new content to help families address the changing needs in nutrition during their journey with ALS. The toolkit includes information and specialized content that is geared for those who have ALS, their caregivers, and professionals too!
The Nutritional Toolkit explores the following topics:
- Tips for safer swallowing and how to manage choking;
- How to make modified food textures more appetizing;
- Optimizing and maintaining oral health;
- How to equip your kitchen for modified textured diets and thickened liquids with links to go-to recipes and cookbooks;
- Where to access specialized supplies and other important supportive resources in your community, when you might be in need of help to prepare modified meals;
- Common questions about the topic of enteral feeding.